The Translational Molecular Medicine research program has domestic and global collaborators from multiple cancer centers. These collaborations have resulted in numerous grants and publications exemplifying exchange of ideas and resources. The department has been highly interactive with many cancer centers with an ongoing exchange of PhDs and postdoctoral fellows (MD and PhD). Dr. Dave Hoon has trained over 80 postdoctoral fellows (MD/PhD) and was the thesis advisor for over a dozen PhD & Master degree students.
The department has over two dozen patents and is actively involved in partnerships with multiple pharmabiotechs domestically and globally.
Professor Dave SB Hoon: A founding member of Saint John’s Cancer Institute 1991. Director of Translational Research Saint John’s Cancer Institute. Executive Board of Saint John’s Cancer Institute, Member of Scientific Advisory Board Providence Health System, Renton. Co-Director of Saint John’s Cancer Institute Research Committee. Established the department of Molecular Cellular Immunology (1991), then department of Molecular Oncology (1996) and now Translational Molecular Medicine (2017).
Recent Major Collaborating Principal Investigators
- Dr. Isaac Witz Lab. The George S. Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Yosef Shiloh Lab. The David and Inez Myers Laboratory for Cancer Genetics, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Dr. Aaron Ciechanover Lab. Nobel Laurate. The David and Janet Polak Cancer and Vascular Biology Research Center, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
- Dr. Gordon Mills. Cell Development and Cancer Biology, Knight Cancer Institute, Portland, OR
- Dr. Michael A. Davies. Dept. of Melanoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Hua E. Yu, Professor, Tumor Immunotherapy, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope, Duarte CA.
- Dr. Elizabeth Grimm. Dept. of Melanoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Patrick Hwu. Cancer Center Director, Dept. of Melanoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Dr. Scott Woodman. Dept. of Melanoma Medical Oncology. The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Dr. Yuko Kitagawa. Chairman, Dept of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan.
- Dr. Hiroya Takeuchi. Chairman, Dept of Surgery, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan.
- Dr. Qiang Yu. Director Director Cancer Therapeutics and Stratification, Genome Institute of Singapore, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Biopolis, Singapore.
- Dr. Meenhard Herlyn. Director Melanoma Research Program, Wistar Institute, University of Pennsylvania. PA
- Dr. Yao Yu. Dept of Neurosurgery, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Professor Tom Carmichael, M.D., Ph.D., Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, United States.
- Dr. Evi Lianidou, Professor of Analytical Chemistry and Clinical Chemistry at the Department of Chemistry, University of Athens, Greece.
- Dr Ying Mao. Director Dept of Neurosurgery, Director Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Dr. Richard A. Scolyer and Dr. Georgina Long. Directors of Melanoma Institute Australia, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW. Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney, Camperdown, NSW, Australia.
- Dr. Charles S. Cobbs. Dept of Neurosurgery, Ben & Catherine Ivy Center for Advanced Brain Tumor Treatment, Swedish Neuroscience Institute, Seattle, WA.
- Dr. Theo A. Knijnenburg: Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, WA.
- Dr. Peter Bostik. Surgical Oncology. Baton Rouge General Hospital, Baton Rouge, LA.
- Dr. Ron Drapkin: Penn Ovarian Cancer Research Center, Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perelman School of Medicine, U. of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
- Dr Ora Gordon, Director of Genetics, Disney Cancer Center, PHS, Burbank, CA.
- Dr. Raj Ratan, Associate Dean Cornell Neuro Institute, NY, NY.
- Dr. Keith T. Flaherty Lab. Professor, Medicine, Harvard Medical School. Director of Henri and Belinda Termeer Center for Targeted Therapy, Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital Director of Clinical Research, Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- J. Wang, PhD. Professor, Key Laboratory of Drug Target Research and Drug Screen, Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Science and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China.
- Dr. Moshe Oren PhD, Dept Molecular Cell Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel, Jerusalem, Israel
- Dr. David E. Fisher. Chief of the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Department of Dermatology, Director of the MGH Cutaneous Biology Research Center and Director of the Melanoma Center at MGH, Boston, MA.
- Rajiv R. Ratan, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Director, Burke Neurological Institute, Associate Dean of Neurology, Weill Cornell NY Medicine.
- Dr. Jinfeng Wu, Associate Professor Dermatology, University of Fudan, Shanghai, China.
- Bernard A. Fox, Ph.D., Chief, Laboratory of Molecular and Tumor Immunology, Harder Family Chair for Cancer Research, Robert W. Franz Cancer Research Center, Earle A. Chiles Research Institute, Providence Cancer Center.