- Comprehensive medical record review
- Thorough history and physical exam
- Creation of Survivorship Care Plan
- Survivorship 101 tool-kit
- Assistance with concerns such as work/school, parenting, sexuality, and financial issues
- Coordination of care between your primary care provider and oncology team
- Community and Online
- Referrals to specialists such as
- Support Groups and wellness classes
- Advanced Care Planning
Your input is a crucial step as we develop goals for your wellness.
Your first visit will include
- Completion of a questionnaire to help us to better understand your health and wellness needs
- A one hour appointment that allows for plenty of time for discussion
- Discussion and explanation of your personalized Survivorship Care Plan
- Referrals as needed to genetics, performance therapy, nutrition, social work, endocrine bone health, and psychology
What is a Survivorship Care Plan?
It is a detailed record of your cancer experience. It is important to keep on file so that other health care professionals that you see in the future will have the necessary information on how best to work with you to monitor your health. It can also be updated when your medical condition changes.
You and one of our specialized Nurse Practitioners will review your personalized Survivorship Care Plan together, which has already been discussed with your cancer treatment team. A paper and electronic copy will be provided to you, your treatment team, and primary care provider.
What’s in the Survivorship Care Plan?
- Cancer treatment summary
- Contact information about the members of your health care team
- Diagnostic Tests
- Familial Cancer Risk Assessment
- Follow up Care Plan
- Surveillance and Recommended Tests
- Symptoms to watch for
- Possible Late / Long Term Effects
- Risk of Cancer Recurrence / Secondary Cancer
- Common Sites of Metastasis
- Wellness Recommendations