May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month and we hope to inspire you to take part in our discussions and activities. Throughout the month of May, You can listen and ask questions regarding specific treatments and technologies via Zoom that are held by our doctors and clinical staff (some may require registration). Take part in our Campus Walk, Roll, or Ride for Brain Tumor Awareness Month event, which is an outdoor activity and Explore Mindfulness with Art toward Gratitude and Wellness–an expressive art workshop. Additional Information and flyers are linked below.
- The Month of May: Go Gray in May!
Raise awareness by wearing GRAY ribbons, scrubs, and masks. Be sure to help spread the word with friends, family, and colleagues by using social media.
- May 2nd through May 4th: Akanksha Sharma, MD Heads to the Hill – Getting Involved
To meet with policy makers to discuss issues important to the brain tumor community &
advocate for change to improve accessibility to therapies, research, and work towards a
cure. (Click here for more info)
- May 7th from 12:00pm to 1:00pm: Optimizing Surgical Recovery – A Discussion
Garni Barkhoudarian, MD, Walavan Sivakumar, MD and Jensine Yang, Registered Dietitian discuss Surgery & Impact of Nutrition On Outcomes
- May 13th from 12:00pm to 1:00pm: What to Expect During Treatment – A Discussion
Robert Wollman, MD, Caroline Sarafin, MSW, Theresa Martello, RN Navigator, & Timotea Lara, NP
- May 21st from 12:00pm to 100:pm: Clinical Trials, Finding Wellness & Thriving – A Discussion
Naveed Wagle, MD, Shanthi Gowrinathan MD, Joseph Greenberg, LCSW, and Akanksha Sharma, MD
- May 25th from 12:00pm to 1:00pm: Game Changing Technologies for Brain Cancer – A Discussion
Neil Martin, MD, Santosh Kesari, MD, Garni Barkhoudarian, Naveed Wagle, MD, Alexandre Wojcinski, PhD
- May 25th from 4:00 to 5:00pm: Brain Cancer Talk & Q&A – A Discussion
Join Dr. Lisa M. Chaiken, Radiation Oncologist, for Brain Cancer Talk & Q&A. Dr. Chaiken, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, will share her expertise on brain cancer and answer your questions. You can also email questions ahead of the event. Everyone is welcome to this free community event but will require registration to receive the Zoom link.
- May 26th from 12:00pm to 1:00pm: Saint John’s Campus Walk, Roll, or Ride for Brain Tumor Awareness Month – An Outdoor Event
No registration is required. Remember to hydrate and ask a friend to join you. Bring your posters and wear lots of gray to help raise awareness!
Brain Tumor Awareness Month Flyer (PDF)
- May 27 from 6:00pm to 7:30pm: Expressive Art Workshop Explore Mindfulness with Art toward Gratitude and Wellness – A Creativity Workshop
To register, contact Cancer Support Services 310-829-8648.
Space is limited and art kits will be available for pick up by registered participants.
Workshop Flyer (PDF)
Do you have a questions about any of these events?
Call us at 310.829.8648.