We are committed to ensuring that all of our patients have access to the care they need during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. We are scheduling appointments for breast imaging and in-person visits. We want to assure you that we have implemented a response plan that allows us to focus on our top priority: delivering excellent care while protecting the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff.
These are the measures we have taken in order to do this:
- Temperature checks on everyone who enters the health center;
- Universal masking (patients, staff, and providers);
- Requiring all to use hand sanitizer upon entry to the health center;
- Adherence to physical distancing directives;
- Isolating all COVID-19 positive patients to one area of the hospital; AND
- Having a no visitor policy for all outpatient visits and surgeries.
We recognize that the situation is evolving, and we will update our policies as new recommendations arise so as to ensure patient comfort and safety.
Our team remains available to you by telephone, MyChart messaging, or email to answer questions about appointments or other concerns at any time.
Our Emergency Room also remains available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to everyone in need of emergency care.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Janie Grumley, MD, FACS
Director – Margie Petersen Breast Center